Kansas Alternate Assessment
Dynamic Learning MapsEligibility - Participation Guidelines Dynamic Learning Maps Testing Window Test Administrator Responsibilities PNP Training Checklist FAQ Support Links
Participation in the Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment requires a yes answer to each of the following questions. Each state participating in the Dynamic Learning Maps will determine whether its IEP teams must select alternate assessment as the appropriate option for all subjects or whether teams may decide a student’s participation separately for each subject.
The following are not allowable (or acceptable) considerations for determining participation in the Dynamic Learning Maps
*Kansas is participating in the DLM History-Government pilot in 2016.
The Dynamic Learning Maps and Essential Elements page contains information for English Language Arts (ELA), Math, and Science.
Main DLM page for Kansashttp://dynamiclearningmaps.org/kansas Back to Top
Instructionally Embedded Instruction - October 7-March 1-One testlet for each Essential Element chosen in ITI interface -Each testlet is assigned separately -Teacher chooses linkage level
Spring Assessment Window- March 16-April 28, 2016 -5 testlets per subject -The system delivers each testlet upon completion of the one before -System chooses linkage level Back to Top
-Complete Personal Needs Preferences (PNP) -Complete all required training -Prepare students for assessment -Administer the DLM assessment -Check student data -Update Personal Needs Preferences -Update First Contact -Use the ITI to select EE's Back to Top
What is a PNP? (Personal Needs Preference) Customize Display language & braille audio and environment First Contact Communication Academics Sensory characteristics Motor characteristics Computer access Instruction in administration manual Good news!! PNP & First Contact Survey Data carries forward from 2015-16 if the student still has the same ID Back to Top
Required test administrator training for DLM teachers participating in 2015Š16 testing is available on a state-driven schedule. TheGuide to DLM Required Test Administrator Training (pdf) http://www.dynamiclearningmaps.org/sites/default/files/gtrt_2015-16.pdf is a great place to start, with information about accessing the DLM Moodle training site for your first login. http://training.dynamiclearningmaps.org/login/index.php
New Testing Administrators must complete 4 modules. (at 80%)Part 1 - About the DLM System Video: 28:00 Post-test time: 15:00 Topics: 1.Describe the components of the DLM system: a. Learning Maps b. Claims and Conceptual Areas c. DLM Essential Elements d. Testlets and Linkage Levels 2. Clarify the security demands of the DLM system Part 2 - Accessibility by Design Video: 55:00 Post-test time: 15 minutes Participants will learn: 1. Accessibility by Design 2. Six steps to customize DLM accessibility supports for students 3. Testlet Information Pages 4. Testlet delivery and results Part 3 - Understanding and Delivering Testlets in the DLM System Video: 44:00 Post-test time: 15:00 Participants will learn: 1. Testlet structure 2. Item types 3. Completing testlets 4. Standard test administration process 5. Allowable practices 6. Practices to be avoided Part 4 - Preparing to Administer the Assessment Video: less than 26:00 Post-test time: less than 15 minutes Participants will learn: 1. Checking Data 2. Completing the First Contact Survey 3. Utilize Practice Activities and Released Testlets 4. Planning and Scheduling for Assessment Administration Days 5. Considerations for Test Administration
Returning Test Administrator Training -Review of the DLM AA System Video: Less than 24 minutes (at 80%)
Post-test time: 20:00
Participants will learn how to prepare for the DLM assessment:
1.Reviewthe components of the DLM Alternate Assessment System
2.Clarify the security demands of the DLM system
3.Review accessibility options and allowable practices
4.Review test administration practices
This guide helps access Dynamic Learning MapsTM (DLM) required test administration training in Moodle.Back to Top
Use this checklist to access and manage participation in required test administrator training. Major tasks are listed with links to resources.
For questions regarding the online testing system or for additional assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 1-855-277-9751 (toll-free) orDLMemail@example.com.
1. What are the DLM System Technology Specifications? The DLM system technology requirements will ensure quality and performance for the alternate assessment. A PDF of the DLM System Technology Specifications is available here. - See more at: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/assessment/faq.html#q2 2. Essential Elements What are DLM Essential Elements? The DLM Essential Elements are specific statements of knowledge and skills linked to the grade-level expectations identified in the Common Core State Standards. The purpose of the DLM EEs is to build a bridge from the content in the Common Core State Standards to academic expectations for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities. -See more at: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/moreinfo/essential_elements/index.html 3. Professional Development for Dynamic Learning Maps Library of Beginning Level Books Easy-to-read book collection created to provide students with significant cognitive disabilities access to the Exemplar Text content listed in Appendix B of the Common Core State Standards at a complexity level that will help them develop reading skills. DLM™ Professional Development (external link)
Subject line: KAA Listserv
Body of message: Email address, First Name, Last Name, USD Number, USD Name, Work Phone Number
Send to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org You should get a confirmation email within 10 days. General Alternate Assessment/DLM Information Information for Parents of Students with Disabilities (PDF) Back to Top
Introduction video: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/about_DLM_system_video.html http://www.ksde.org/Agency/DivisionofLearningServices/CareerStandardsandAssessmentServices/CSASHome/Assessments/DynamicLearningMaps%28DLM%29EssentialElements.aspx After your testing coordinator has uploaded you and your students into the KITE system you will be able to: Complete the First Content Survey for each student taking the DLM. Complete the PNP for each student taking the DLM. Choose the Essential Elements for each student taking the DLM. Number of elements chosen is dependent on grade level. The majority need (5). Blueprints for tested ELA and Math are found at: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/kansas Complete list of Essential Elements can be found at: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/content/essential-elements A list of other professional development modules for instruction can be found at: http://secure.dynamiclearningmaps.org/unc/modules.html
These can be used for PDC points if accompanied by the printed certificates.View Initial Precursor Items Video: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/initial_precursor_items.html View Instructional Tools Interface video for testing coordinators: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/content/erp_im Writing Information http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/sites/default/files/documents/ERP/dlm_writing_testlet_faq.pdf
Testlet information page: http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/content/erp_im
Using the KITE app from iTunes
1. Once you have your students essential elements entered into the DLM/KITE system, you are ready to download the KITE app from iTunes. This is a good alternative if your tech guy has not installed the KITE software on your computer and it is a free app:)
2. A hint to use the app: You will need to turn on guided access in order to use this app. You will need to go into: Settings; accessibility; and turn "guided access" on.
3. Then go to the app and open it and triple click the home button which will start guided access for you.
4. This screen is where you will type in your student's username and password. If you would like to go into the app and see an example of the types of questions that your student will be asked you may use the following sample user name and password:username: demo.sue.29 password: wall3
5. Then you will click on the practice tests and the essential elements that you would like to view. This was very beneficial to see what the testing format will be for each grade level.
For additional help contact:DLMemail@example.com
Back to Top